What We Learn From Polls
Beware the pop quizzes the various internet sites ask of its readers. I personally like to consult Bob Livingston’s Personal Liberty site where they ask a serious of ‘loaded’ questions requiring only a “yes” or “no” answer, without qualification. For example, today’s series of questions were:
1) Is President Trump mentally fit to serve? Yes or no? Of course he is and he demonstrates it daily. He’s running circles around Congress, putting them into positions where they have been legislatively moribund in their decision making abilities, not wanting to threaten their financial supporters. Add in the treachery of six Republican Senators, John McCain primary among them, the wailings of the deranged media and the question becomes, just who is mentally fit?
2) Should President Trump have kept Steve Bannon on board at the White House? Yes or No? He could have, but Bannon best serves Trump from the outside where he promises to attack all Deep State Republicans for removal, which brings us to the next question…..
3) Is the GOP headed for major upsets in the 2018 midterms? Yes or No? Yes, but it will not be the Democrats replacing feckless Republicans, it will be candidates from the Conservative Tea Party side of the Republican party. Democrats are going all in for Marxism. That won’t do!
4) Is Trump’s attack on NBC an assault on their 1st Amendment Rights? Yes or No? The President has a 1st Amendment right to defend himself just as NBC enjoys a 1st Amendment to promote Democrat propaganda against him. It’s a two way street, isn’t it?
5) Does a gun registry threaten the 2nd Amendment? Yes or No? It certainly does. A registry, as we saw in Australia, permitted a rogue socialist government to arbitrarily seize all citizens guns because government knew where they were located. Australians are now being overrun by street criminals, with guns, and violent muslims pushing the envelope of their silly demands.
6) Is Roy Moore the beginning of a broader conservative revolt in the GOP? Yes or No? Of course he is. Despite Senate Majority Leader McConnell’s throwing millions of NRC donations in support of his picked candidate, and the Administration’s support, Moore won. It’s a start.
7) Should the U.S. launch a military strike on North Korea? Yes or No? Not peremptorily. South Korea is in the way. It should be their decision, unless NK launches a first strike. We can push them though, by shooting down their next test launch missile.
8) Should bump stocks and similar devices be banned? Yes or No? The question now is should they be seized? Stores have sold out and one can be fashioned by any home grown fabricator of which America is gifted with a vast rich pool. Full automatic weapons are illegal to possess without the hard to get ATF tax stamp. Another law will do nothing to stop violence with guns,…. or knives, or hammers or cars, for that matter.
9) Time for Nancy Pelosi to retire? Yes or No? A silly question, isn’t it? Absolutely not. For the GOP, Nancy is the gift that keeps on giving.
10) Will the GOP establishment sabotage Roy Moore? Yes or No? Yes, they’ll try but, it will only serve to confirm what voters everywhere already know, draining the swamp will not be complete until the establishment GOPer’s are all swept away too. That’s my view. What’s yours?Remember, freedom is the goal, the Constitution is the way. Now go get ‘em. (16Oct17)