YOUNG HARRIS, Ga. – Law enforcement officers from the Towns County Sheriff’s Office, Union County Sheriff’s Office, and Hiawassee Police Departmet arrested a suspect at a residence on Sampson Road in Young Harris on Sunday, Nov. 25, on outstanding warrants stemming from Towns, Union, and Gordon Counties.
The suspect was identified as Christopher Steven Ray, 34, of Murphy, North Carolina. Ray was taken into custody, and charged with the following offenses:
- One Count Trafficking in Methamphetamine
- One Count Possession of Methamphetamine with Intent to Distribute
- One Count Possession of Methamphetamine
- One Count Possession of Schedule II drugs
- One Count Possession of Shedule IV drugs
- One Count Possession of Drug-Related Objects
- One Count Obstruction of Law Enforcement Officers
In addition to the listed chardres, investigators served warrants on Ray which involved a previous encounter with the subject on Sept. 6, 2018. The warrants were related to the following crimes:
- Possession of Methamphetamine
- Three Counts Obstruction of Law Enforcement Officers
- Two Counts Possession of Schedule IV drugs
Gordon County Sheriff’s Office held outstanding warrants on Ray for Aggravated Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer along with several traffic offense warrants.
Union County Sheriff’s Office had previously issued a warrant for Ray for Violation of Probation.
The Towns County Sheriff’s Office warrants and charges will be forwarded to the Enotah Circuit District Attorney’s Office for prosecution.
Ray is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Feature Photo: Evidence seized from the Young Harris residence where Ray was apprehended.