BLAIRSVILLE, Ga –The community is responding to provide resources and aid to anyone in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Fetch Your News will update this article with all available resources for people in industries financially affected by the virus.
- First Baptist Church of Blairsville, 706-745-2469, Day / Time: Saturday 9 – 11 a.m., Notes: 1x per month for Union County residents.
- House of Prayer / Cottage Food Bank Blairsville, 706-745-5925, Monday & Wednesday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., Meal service: Wednesday 11 a.m. – 12 p.m., Produce stand: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., Notes: fresh produce depending upon availability
- Ninth District Opportunity/ Union County Food Pantry, (706) 745-6596, Monday – Thursday 1 – 4 p.m., Notes: needs social security number, date of birth, household income, proof of residency
- Antioch Baptist Church, (706) 745-4350, 3rd Thursday of the month 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Liberty Baptist Church, (706) 745-8262, 1st Tuesday of the month 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Mountain Presbyterian, (706) 745-8036, Thursday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Union County Schools are busing meals to children from 0 to 18 every two days. Families can pick-up meals at the 12 voting precincts. For those interested, here’s the link to the program.
Union County Family Connection is taking donations for those who want to help feed families while school is out. However, the office is closed because it’s located in a school building. Family Connection asks people to call if they have a question or need at 706-835-4351 or email [email protected] or [email protected]. They will update their schedule when they are available.
- Elijah’s Closet, (706) 745-5925, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday – 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Liberty Baptist Church, (706) 745-8262, Tuesday – 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Wi-fi Hot Spots
- Meeks Park
- Union County Public Library – parking lot, password: UCPL Public
- Harmony Grove Baptist Church – parking lot
Service Industry Assistance
- The Giving Kitchen
- Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation
- One Fair Wage
- Unite Here Education and Support Fund
- ROC Disaster Relief Fund
- Spill the Dish
- USBG Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
- Dining Bond Initiative
- Southern Smoke Foundation
- Give Local and Local for Later
- World Central Kitchen
Small business owners can now apply for disaster relief loans through the U.S. Small Business Administration.
If you know of any additional resources for people in need, please email [email protected].